Freeport Adventures

The on-going adventures of the crew of the Lady's Favour as presented by Dirty Jee-to, quartermaster.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Log the Twenty-ninth

The glittering walls of the ziggarat disappeared to be replaced with the dirty, bamboo walls of the hut that recently belonged to Zayius. The air was thick around us with moisture and the murmuring of voices was carried in by the wind. Kemby lay on the floor, barely alive. Anna was in slightly better shape, but not by much. We could hear voices, both human and ape coming from below us. I peered out of the window to see lines and lines of the filthy humans standing in the quarry, like soldiers on a parade ground.
Lucky took a closer interest and crawled along the balcony to look over the edge at the ladder beneath.
Now, I know that the poor fellow has been through many tough spots in the past few days, but I had never expected that he would cut the ropes holding the ladder. Once it crashed to the ground the apes took a sudden interest in the hut, which must have been what caused Lucky to cry out. That single cry was the bell that launched a wave of hairy attackers. Apes started climbing up the struts and cliffs all around us.
I looked around the hut. Anna was moving, feebly, but moving, so I grabbed up Kemby and quaffed that potion of invisibility. I tried to sneak out of the hut, but the damn dirty apes started sniffing the air, tracking my manly scent. I had to rush to the edge of the platform and leap for my life. The rocks were none too soft when I landed on them, but Kemby and me was still alive, so we rushed off into the night. I could see the captain arriving as we was making our escape, flying above the apes, raining balls of fire down upon them. One of the dumb beasts even tried to jump up and grab him, and ended up splattered over the ground for his troubles.
We rushed off into the night and through some fine luck eventually all gathered together under some trees. The rain was relentless and seemed to effect little Anna even more than the rest of us. She spent the entire night moaning and crying, as if she was being tortured.
As dawn breaks, little Anna pleads with me to try and pull her dog back from the clutches of the evil wench, so I bind bits of his soul to me doll and try to pull him through. But something seems to be anchoring him to the ziggarat. The rest of the morning was spent in deep communication with Harrimast himself.
As the sun approached the zenith, captain Bonny notices a column of smoke nearby and we head over to investigate. Not being the sneakiest people around, the captain orders most of us back. Eventually he and Kemby head off to investigate the smoke and come back many minutes later and present little Anna with a fox tail. It seems that Jenny is living up to her reputation and has decided to use nose buggery as an attempt to get to us.
But the captain would not allow this sort of attack. He spent the entire day in negotiations with the "goblins" on the island, claiming that they would extend their protection over all of us.

All I know is that the next time Jenny and I meet, I'll be much more prepared for the evil wench. And once dawn is again upon us, we'll be taking the fight to her.

Jee-to, Quartermaster, Lady's Favour

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home